Ginny Rich, APRN, BC-ADM, CDE
Nurse Practitioner/Diabetes Educator
Boston Children’s Hospital
Join other grandparents to lend support and learn the basics of diabetes, including:
- The differences between type 1 and type 2.
- An overview of blood glucose monitoring, testing methods, and target ranges.
- The symptoms and treatment of hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, and Ketoacidosis.
- An overview of insulin types, regimens, and delivery systems.
- The team approach to diabetes care and ways you can support your grandchild and his/her family.
Please RSVP by Monday, April 22 to Lauren Shields at (781) 431-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.