Join other individuals, families, and caregivers affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D) at all life stages for a day of education and connection.
- An update on the latest JDRF-funded research.
- A keynote address from Steve Richert, a rock climber who was diagnosed with T1D in 1999 at age 16.
- Breakout sessions on balancing T1D management and parental anxiety, pregnancy/parenting with T1D, school issues, and travel.
- Fun activities for children of all ages with T1D and their siblings.
- Diabetes vendors sharing information about the newest products available.
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors and vendors, there is no cost to attend the event.
Day of Information
- The Boston Marriott Long Wharf is located at 296 State Street, Boston, MA 02109. Discounted parking is available at the Harbor Garage (70 East India Row, Boston, MA 02110) located at the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Milk Street directly next to the New England Aquarium. The price is $22—you must visit the hotel valet window to purchase the discounted validation. Hotel onsite parking is valet only for a fee of $48. If you prefer to take public transportation, the Aquarium stop on the Blue Line is located directly in front of the hotel. Both North and South Stations are also less than a mile away. Visit http://bit.ly/bostonmarriottlongwharf for more information.
- Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. in the Ballroom Foyer on the first floor. You will receive a card with your name tag that identifies which session(s) you/your family have selected, as well as the location of those sessions.
- If your child is participating in the children’s activities, you will be asked to complete and turn in the waiver form at registration. In addition, every child will be required to wear a name tag and ID bracelet. We also ask that you bring your own snacks/emergency low blood sugar treatment, just in case.
Sara and Greg Poulos Family
JDRF New England Chapter, attn: Nichole Messier
60 Walnut Street, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781) 431-8836 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org