Through our Third Party Events, Team JDRF, and Shop to Support JDRF Programs, you can raise critical dollars for JDRF by putting together your own special event or promotion to help in our fight for a cure–and help keep JDRF expenses low so that every dollar can go directly to research and research education.
What is a Third Party Event?
Unlike a JDRF signature event, such as our Walk to Cure Diabetes and Annual Boston Gala, a Third Party event or promotion is one that is conceived and created completely by volunteers–an individual, organization or business. The event sponsor is responsible for all details of the event – underwriting all of the related costs, recruiting volunteers to help out at the event, creating flyers to publicize the event, and working at the actual event.
What kinds of events qualify?
Here’s your chance to build an event precisely suited to any audience you choose. Make it as large or as small as you would like; the only limit is your imagination!
Past events have included:
- Dinner parties
- Wine tasting
- Running races
- Bake sales
- Restaurant openings
- School fundraisers
- Office parties
- Golf outings/tournaments
- Jewelry sales
- Yard sales
How can JDRF help?
- Offer advice and event planning expertise.
- Provide promotional materials and banners.
- Provide and approve JDRF logo use.
- Help promote your event through our local website, online events calendar, and possibly our newsletter.
- Provide a letter of authorization and validation to assist in fundraising.
- Provide tax acknowledgement letters for donations of $100 or more made payable directly to JDRF.
Unfortunately, JDRF cannot:
- Provide tax exemption information.
- Provide funding or reimbursement for expenses.
- Provide donor or vendor mailing lists.
- Solicit businesses or vendors for financial or in-kind support.
- Guarantee event attendance by staff or volunteers.
Team JDRF is a fundraising program that provides online and offline tools for fundraisers of all shapes and sizes. Similar to our Third Party Events program, Team JDRF is a way for you to make a difference in the fight against type 1 diabetes (T1D) in your local community. Whether it’s a walk, a bowl-a-thon, a home party, a comedy night, or whatever you dream up, Team JDRF pairs our families’ passions for the cure with grass-roots fundraising.
There are three ways to join Team JDRF:
1) Community Events: Dream up your own fundraising event and use our tools to help spread the word and collect donations for JDRF.
2) Challenge Events: Sign up for a marathon, triathlon, or any endurance event anywhere, and raise money for JDRF.
3) Tribute Pages: Honor a birthday, wedding, or anniversary, or memorialize a loved one by raising money to help make a difference in the lives and futures of people with T1D.
JDRF now brings you a handy toolkit to get inspired and get started. On the Team JDRF site you will find ideas, best practices, printable materials…everything you need to be successful. You can also utilize our new online system to make your fundraising even more effective, efficient, and fun!
Benefits to registering your event online:
- Create your own personal or team fundraising page.
- Set up event registration and ticket sales.
- Solicit online credit card donations.
- Send e-mail messages to your friends and family about your event.
- Track event registrations and fundraising results.
For more information about our Third Party Events, Team JDRF, or Shop to Support JDRF programs, please contact Nichole Messier at (781) 431-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to host your own event or donate proceeds from the purchase of your product or service to JDRF, please review the Third Party Event Toolkit and complete the proposal form. If you would like to hold a Wrap-Around Event to benefit a Walker or Team in our Walk to Cure Diabetes, please contact Lauren Shields at email@example.com.