Every day 40 children are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in the U.S. alone; thats an entire classroom full of students each and every day. Students and families living with T1D appreciate the support of their schools and the educational opportunity that the JDRF Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes Program presents.
The JDRF Kids Walk program is an educational, in-school fundraising program that’s fun and easy to participate in at your school. There are many benefits offered by our Kids Walk Program, including:
- Education: Our engaging and interactive program teaches students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes and the importance of philanthropy.
- Difference Maker Awards: Participating students who raise $10 or more are eligible to receive fun gifts. Its our way of saying thank you for a job well done!
- An Opportunity to Get Kids Active: The campaign wraps up with a celebratory Walk on your schools campus. This is a great way to bring students together and get them moving!
- Money for your School: Ten percent of the total amount raised for JDRF by your school can be awarded back to the school to use on equipment, books, field trips, or anything else your school may need.
- Thank You Banner: As a token of our appreciation, your school will receive a silver, gold, or diamond star banner for raising $1,000, $5,000, or $10,000 for JDRF.
For more information or to reserve a date, please contact Lauren Shields at (781) 431-0700 or email@example.com. Or, fill out our interest form and return to Lauren by email or by fax to (781) 431-8836. You can also visit http://kidswalk.jdrf.org for classroom tools, tips for a successful campaign, and tools for families who are impacted by T1D.